canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

Poor Saddam

It seems that quite a few people are upset that the New York Post ran some pictures of Saddam Hussein in his tighty whities. And I agree with them 100%, Saddam should not have been shown in his underwear at all, he should have been dressed up in something nice, Saddam deserves better. Maybe in a nice flowered dress, a classy hat, a stylish handbag and stunning pair of heals. Oh yeah, don't forget the blond wig. Full story here

But on a serious note, I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could be actually put out over this issue. This man is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, he is pure scum. He's lucky to be treated as well as he is, in my opinion he should have never gotten out of that hole they found him in.

Here is what Saddam's lawyer, Ziad Khasawneh, had to say,
“In our opinion this is a violation of all international agreements and human dignity, therefore, we must sue the people responsible and the providers of these pictures, because if you look closely you can see that they were taken from his prison cell,”
That takes the cake, since when does Saddam give a shit about 'international agreements and human dignity', wasn't it his distaste for both of those things that got him where he is today? Is it just me or is it very hard to have any sympathy for a man with as much blood on his hands as Saddam does?

3 comments:

Temujin said...

I say we tie those tighty whitey's around his neck, then hang him from his jail call rafter.

Or, give his pasty brown ass to the Kurds.
Either way works for me.

VW said...

In my case, I suppose my objection is aesthetic. Sorta like the idea of seeing Jerry Lewis sunbathing in the nude -- there are some things I don't need to see.

Vox Poplar said...

Just be thankful those pictures weren't taken on a Thursday, which Saddam likes to call 'Thongs-day.'

shudder