canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

My one problem with Star Wars

My sister and I went to see Star Wars on the holiday weekend here in good old PEI. Overall I thought Revenge of the Sith was one of the better Star Wars movies, better than the two newest editions for sure. Probably even better that Return of the Jedi in my opinion.

But I did have one major problem with the movie, but it was no fault of George Lucas. Every time that Senator Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker were involved in a scene talking to one another, all I could picture was Paul Martin having a similar conversation with Belinda Stronach. In my mind I would substitute Palpatine's face with Paul's and Belinda's with Anakin's. Paul even looks a little like Palpatine.

As Palpatine was trying to turn Skywalker to the dark side, he carried on about how the Jedi don't trust you, how the Jedi are trying to steal my power, how the Jedi are lying to you, how the Jedi don't appreciate you like I do, and how he was the only one who could help him reach his vast potential, not the Jedi.

It was hard not to think that the conversation between Paul and Belinda was very different from the one between Palpatine and Skywalker, if you just substitute Conservatives for Jedi, I bet it would have a very familiar ring to it. Don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you view the clones? Victims maybe?