canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

The Law Shows It's Dark Side

I know that this is a few days late but I just had to put down a few comments about Clara Dasilva who was sentenced to three years for causing the death of her own child.

Now the first point I would like to make is that Dasilva could potentially be released from prison after six months. Imagine? After six months she'll be able to sleep at home, watch Oprah, and talk on the phone, to her hearts content.

I guess that I'm just old fashioned and I haven't been blessed by any of that new-age compassion that is so popular these days. No matter how hard I try, I just can't figure out how a child's life is worth six months. I can't. I saw a report on the news a few days ago and they said that judge David Watt was 'sickened' and 'disgusted' with what Dasilva did. And yet, six months in prison is all that she gets?

But I guess in a world where human life has little value I really shouldn't have expected anything different.

Sometimes a person just expects better.

No comments: