canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

It's Official...

there'll be no NHL hockey for this year. I can't say I'm terribly surprised since as far as I'm concerned this was pretty much to be expected based on the last agreement between the owners and the players.

Do I feel sorry for any of them. Nope.

Let me put it this way... last year I went and saw two of the Senators regular season games. One against the Leafs and the other against the Bruins. And you know what? I was bored. Near bored to tears. If you add up the 4-5 goals per game, the 3-4 decent hits, and the 6-7 missed opportunities, in the average regular season game, there isn't that much worth cheering. 5 + 4 + 7 = 16. If you figure the wife and I spent probably $160 for the night that works out to about $10 per 5 second moment of excitement.

Was that money well spent. I don't bloody well think so.

Now I'll admit playoff games are another matter. I still find those games exciting but I'm simply to cheap to cough up the coin for the tickets.

So where does this leave me? Well I'll watch games on TV but you'll not catch me at the Corel Center anytime soon.

Now if you want to watch exciting hockey check out the 67's or any of the junior teams. The $10-$15 is money well spent. The guys hustle and play hard and in the end that's all I'm asking for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I are pretty upset. TSN decided in their great wisdom
to pre-empt the dog show last nite so that a bunch of
out of touch jocks could drone on for hours about
what we already knew was inevitable.
As far as I’m concerned, another nail in the coffin of the lame stream media. I’d rather watch a bunch of poof dogs any day then these
spoiled yappers in the NHL … ;>)

… nomdenet