canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

Visit Somalia

I have another Mark Bowden quote for you today that is from his newest book, Road Work, which by the way I recommend. Bowden was at the Republican convention in 2000 and witnessed some of the street protests that took place, which made him wonder whether anarchists actually put much thought into what they believed.
"I don't know, but are anarchists supposed to make sense? I spent some time in Somalia in 1997, a country with no government, and encourage anarchists longing for the experience to check it out. Don't bring anything of value."
A very good point, don't you think? It would be very interesting to see how long some of those supposed anarchists would actually last in total anarchy. Reminds me of the old saying, be careful what you wish for.

No comments: