canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

Just An Observation

The poll of the day at The Globe And Mail is asking what type of health-care system Canadians would like to have.

I know that these online polls aren't very scientific but as on this morning 42% of respondents wanted a public/private system.

I just want to mention it since I find it amusing that even though a significant minority of Canadians (a majority depending on how the question is asked) would support major changes to our health-care system the topic is still consided taboo and in bad taste. I'm sure you all remember the 'in-depth' and 'groundbreaking' discussions on the subject during our last few election cycles. Don't you?

I'm not sure if such a state of affairs is funny or disturbing.

crossposted to The Shotgun

No comments: