canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

And The Race Is On

You'll find good election news over at IRAQ THE MODEL.

I must admit that I haven't taken the time to familiarize myself with the elections themselves. From what I understand the elections will select the 275 members of the National Assembly. Is it safe to assume the National Assembly will have a function similar to our Parliament? Will separate voting be done for a President? Some sort of Senate? Or will the National Assembly be responsible for determining the remaining structure of the government?

Anyways, in all the blabbering about the upcoming Iraqi elections no one has given any sensible reason why the outcome in Iraq should be any different than it was in Afganistan.

I'm just saying...

No comments: