canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

I'm Quickly Becoming a Fan

I have to admit that I don't know a whole lot about Iraqi interim Prime Minister Iyad Allawi but from what I am hearing from him lately, I am quickly becoming a fan of his. Allawi's main goal as Prime Minister is to return Iraq to the control of the people, a pleasant change from Iraq's last ruler don't you think?
"It's not my ambition to run Iraq, my objective all along has been to bring an end to Saddam's tyranny and establish a government in Iraq that is accountable to the Iraqi people."
Allawi's life is always in danger, with former Ba'ath party thugs and terrorist groups like Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's gunning for him, but that doesn't seem to bother Allawi at all. He is determined to reach his goals for Iraq and will not let those with evil intentions ruin this glorious chance for Iraqis to live under freedom. Allawi seems like he doesn't take any crap from anybody, my kind of guy.

Allawi is sounding and acting like the type of leader that Iraq needs to get it though these tough times. Once power is handed over to Iraqis he plans to crack down heavily on the terrorists who are operating inside Iraq and he also wants to bring Saddam Hussein and his thugs to trial as soon as possible. Let's just hope that Allawi is around long enough to see his hopes and dreams for Iraq become a reality, strong leaders like Allawi are vital to Iraq's success.

No comments: