canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

The Hits Just Keep Coming

Is it just me or is every piece of news you hear about the Liberals lately, bad or what? The Globe and Mail has yet another story about the Liberals misleading the Canadian people. Here is the story, Ottawa Shortchanging Provinces.

Normally I wouldn't complain about a federal government cutting back on spending but as little as three months ago the federal government lead the provinces to believe they were going to receive larger equalization payments this year. The provinces were planning this into their budgets but now they learn they are not going to get the money the feds lead them to believe they were going to get.

More dishonesty from the federal government, this is starting to sound like a broken record, how many times has this been the theme of a story in the past couple months, too many?

P.E.I.'s Mitch Murphy summed up the mood of the meeting with this comment, “I think this is the 18th federal-provincial ministers meeting that I've been to and I don't think I've been to one where we've had a less desirable outcome.” Strong words don't you think?

No comments: