canadiancomment

Our opinions and advice to the world. Updated whenever we get around to it.

My Very First Hate Mail

Well I'm proud to say that I've only had this site up for a week and I've already gotten my first hate mail.

Lee Shore says:

This site is a lot of garbage: Full of the pomposity that one has come to expect from "Conservatives"["My opinions of and advice to the World" !!!]; gross generalizations; simplifications; rascist claptrap; oxymoron [Progressive Conservatives - if you please!!] Run a spell check, mend the syntax. No better still - grow up - give up this bullshit - and get an education.
Lee Shore | 11.06.03 - 10:13 am | #


So how to respond? Well I could just be a prick and make fun of him (I'm assuming Lee is a male). Or alternatively I could take the high road and just let it slide. The high road is certainly out of the question. So what to do? Well I'll just have to respond to each of Lee's points as he makes them:

1) "Conservatives" ["My opinions of and advice to the World" !!!] - So Lee has a problem with my having opinions? Why else would he copy and paste this in here. He is free to disagree with my opinions all he wants but is he actually trying to say that I'm not entitled to have or voice them or that somehow they are invalid? I'm not quite sure what the point is here.

2) gross generalizations - Generalizations? Yes. Gross generalizations? Perhaps. But what exactly is wrong with that? If my generalization is wrong or leads me to an invalid conclusion then fine, point out the error of my ways. If he is referring to my belief that the people of France have been populated with Satan's seed, well as I said, prove me wrong.

3) simplifications - Making complex situations simple is how we do things in the world. When trying to solve a complex math problem do you not first try to simplify it so that you can understand the unknowns and how to solve them. Life is simplified. Take Lee's wonderful computer. Somebody took the time to simplify its operation for him by putting together the hardware and creating the operating system. If they hadn't Lee's computer would be a pile of expensive but useless components.

4) rascist claptrap - Rascist? What have I posted that is rascist? I can be pretty critical of dumbass'd people I admit but I don't quite see how that's rascist. And it's racist! Not rascist! See point #6.

5) oxymoron [Progressive Conservatives - if you please!!] - Lee I totally agree with you on that one. Unfortunately the Progressive Conservatives are a political party here in Canada and I am not in a position to change the name of the party. If the name bothers you so much then I would suggest you attend the party convention which is being planned for later this year. Become a member! Voice your opinion!

6) Run a spell check, mend the syntax. - If my writing style bothers anyone then stop reading immediately. I am an engineer by trade and Canadian Law stipulates that I am not required to speak or write above a grade 4 level. Refer back to point #4. As well - putting - dashes - everywhere in your - sentences is not proper - syntax.

7) No better still - grow up - give up this bullshit - and get an education. - I'm of the age of consent so no need to worry about the growing up. Bullshit is a pretty strong word but if my 'bullshit' has bothered you this much then I would consider my 'bullshit' to be quite a success. As for the education, as I've mentioned before, I studied engineering so all bets are off.

For the less dignified response to Lee's message go here.